Tuesday, August 25, 2009

3 good...3 bad

The GOOD
Photobucket
Oakley Frogskin sun glasses
I appreciate the clear casing that allows you to see the product. Very simple and effective!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Air Jordan's
Great packaging solution for two pairs of sneakers. Allows the shoes to be stored in one box, and makes for a interesting collectors item.
Photobucket
Photobucket
UNDFTD G-Shock watch
Packaged in a hard protective case. Very similar to what is used to house musical equipment, such as turntables (on a smaller scale).

The BAD
Photobucket
3 vanilla candles
This is a good solution for packaging these candles, except for the fact that I wasn't able to smell the candles.
Photobucket
Starbucks Frappucino
The packaging works...I expected more from them!
Photobucket
Flying Disk
I thought this idea was innovative and fun, however the execution could have been better.

3 comments:

  1. I love the air jordan shoe box packaging. A great use of space. I also agree with your comments on the candle set. Scent is a key factor in purchasing candles and the packaging has not allowed for that. Maybe two minor holes should be punctured into the plastic casing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Oakley sunglasses are my favorite. I like to actually see the product instead of seeing a picture of it on a box. Candles or any product involving scent should always include some sort of way to smell the product, even if it is a scratch and sniff sticker on the box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the air Jordan idea and use of space. The colors don't appeal to me but, I'm not their target market so if male sports enthusiasts and athletes buy them, it is a successful design.

    Check out Starbucks' double shot cans, I think those are much more well executed than the fraps.

    -Tiffanie Pf-

    ReplyDelete